According to European Commission Regulation 261/2004 and Turkish Regulation On Air Passenger Rights, if your flight was delayed, you are eligible for compensation. The flight must satisfy the necessary conditions.
The compensation for delayed/cancelled flight or denied boarding can be €125-€600. The amount can vary with flight distance and delay duration (below you can find detailed information on the compensation size).
The condition is that one of the following happened to you:
- Your flight is delayed for more than 3 hours
- Your flight is cancelled
- Your flight is delayed for less than 3 hours, but you miss a connection flight and arrive to your final destination more than 3 hours late
- You were denied boarding because of lack of vacant seats (overbooking)
- The flight must have been commenced no later than 6 years ago;
- The flight must not be delayed due to weather or other extraordinary conditions.
Your flight route and airline should comply with certain criteria to fall under the regulation of the EU law
|Route \ Airline||Airline is from EU||Airline is not from EU|
|From outside EU to outside EU||No||No|
|From outside EU to EU||Yes||No|
|From EU to outside EU||Yes||Yes|
|From EU to EU||Yes||Yes|
…or the Turkish regulation
|Route \ Airline||Airline is from Turkey||Airline is not from Turkey|
|From outside Turkey to outside Turkey||No||No|
|From outside Turkey to Turkey||Yes||No|
|From Turkey to outside Turkey||Yes||Yes|
|From Turkey to Turkey||Yes||Yes|